CONTINUEThis site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more.
  1. Front Page
  2. News By Topic
  3. Fiji Enacts Departure Tax Hike

Fiji Enacts Departure Tax Hike

by Mary Swire, Tax-News.com, Hong Kong

08 June 2011


The Airport Departure Tax (Amendment) Regulations, 2011, has been enacted by Fijian parliament, retrospectively increasing Fiji's Airport Departure Tax, levied on outbound international flights, to FJD100 (USD56.50).

Submitted by Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Voreqe Bainimarama, the amendment to the Regulations increases the tax with retrospective effect from January 1, 2011. The further increase was included in the 2011 Budget, carried forward from a proposal made in 2010, to increase the tax from the previous level of FJD75.

10% of tax revenues will now be remitted to the Airports Fiji Limited, while the remaining 90% will be transferred to the Government Consolidated Fund.

Public sector entity Airports Fiji Limited is responsible for the management of the islands' two international airports, Nadi International Airport and Nausori Airport as well as its thirteen outer-island airports.

TAGS: tax | law | aviation | Fiji

To see today's news, click here.

 
















Tax-News Reviews

Cyprus Review

A review and forecast of Cyprus's international business, legal and investment climate.

Visit Cyprus Review »

Malta Review

A review and forecast of Malta's international business, legal and investment climate.

Visit Malta Review »

Jersey Review

A review and forecast of Jersey's international business, legal and investment climate.

Visit Jersey Review »

Budget Review

A review of the latest budget news and government financial statements from around the world.

Visit Budget Review »



Stay Updated

Please enter your email address to join the Tax-News.com mailing list. View previous newsletters.

By subscribing to our newsletter service, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.


To manage your mailing list preferences, please click here »